There are many favorite things that I love about Christmas. Like the usuals: Most everyone is more pleasant with the thoughts of love, peace, hope and joy, the Christmas lights and pretty decorations, going to temple square, the treats and sweets, candy, pecan brittle and English Toffee (yummy),

yearly traditions of making gingerbread houses with my daughter and brother and I love to watch the old classic movies - "Miracle on 34th and It's a Wonderful Life" are just two of my favorites. I love to watch gently falling snow as it lays a white blanket on the ground, covering everything in brilliant, sparkling white diamonds. I love listening to and singing, even though I can't sing, all the Christmas songs. I like to watch choir performances and wonderful entertainers such as "Eclipse", a spectacular a capella group that Lynnsee and I recently attended a concert for , if you ever get the chance, go it will be worth it, (
www.eclipsesingers.com/index.html ). It helped me get in the spirit of Christmas, which I hadn't felt quite yet.
I was reminded of something, that I only needed to drop the last syllable from Christmas and voila...you have the "Spirit of Christ" - the whole reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place, to comemorate the birth of Christ and the gift our Father in Heaven has given to all men...the opportunity for eternal life. When I ponder all this, it humbles me and I truly want to be a more dedicated servant than I am. My gift to you all this year is a heartfelt prayer of love, health, hope, joy and happiness and the means to find strength and comfort in the Lord's tender mercies as He bestows His infinite love upon all.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment