Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Beginning of a New Year

A new year has begun and I can't believe it is 2009........so with this year comes many new changes. For starters, don't you just love the economy? It gives me such a calm and peaceful feeling (NOT!) And we have a new member in our household. Her name is Lo Chan and she is an international student from Hong Kong. She is living with us and we really enjoy having her in our home! She is teaching us so much about her culture and homeland and it is so interesting. I am really thinking about taking her up on an offer to go to China. It is one of the places I would love to visit. There is so much history and beautiful art, not to mention some of the interesting looking food. She has had fun seeing it snow for the first time and making a snowman.

We have been busy making cookies and brownies and learning from each other the different games and customs of our countries. It is so wonderful! Lo is also teaching Harley how to sit in Chinese. She was a little bit afraid of him at first but now is getting used to the BIG puppy.


Spring semester has started again at the community college and once more I have signed up for another course. My Mom and Dad would be happy to finally hear me say I wish I would have done this 20 years ago...I can't believe I am actually admitting it, but they were right, I am finally realizing the importance of college. (It's never too late!)


Speaking of family.....I don't know of any easy way to say this but life does have its trials. It saddens me to say that my dear, sweet mom passed away two weeks ago. After notifying family and friends, making funeral arrangements and dealing with the pressure of speaking at the funeral and all the goings on, life is slowly getting back to how it use to be but it feels like there is a void now where there didn't use to be one. And I wonder if it will ever be normal again, maybe later I will go into more on the beautiful funeral and life of my mom, but for now it is good to know that there is much love and support from family and friends. Our Father in Heaven continues to bless us and the knowledge of His eternal plan brings the peace and comfort needed at this time.


Waha! I took over the computer again!!! :) It's your favorite Lynnsee!!! Ah! She's back! BYE guys!!!


Daughters (eye yie yie)...... gotta love them!


You love them! :) hehe Hi again! :) AH! She bites! I got a GIANT paper cut on my left ring finger from my binder! :( but it's ok now cuz mommy kissed it better... yes my mommy still kisses my owies! eye yie yie? what are you a pirate now?!


That's argh matey! Okay well I gotta get ready for work tomorrow. We'll blog some more later.

Love you all!

No comments: