Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time...

Autumn is pretty much here as it is indeed the end of September, the temperatures are slowly beginning to drop and you can just smell it arriving in the air, my favorite season of the year--FALL!! The temperatures have been perfect, not too hot and not too cold. It's also harvesting time. While I'm not much of a gardener or food preservist, I am proud to say that yesterday we finished bottling 32 quarts of Peaches and also freezing 8 quarts to make frozen smoothies or what have you. I even made 2 fresh Struesal Peach Pies. (Delish if I have to say so myself), I gave one to my daddy for his birthday and made one for our family to enjoy. Oh the aroma of cinnamon, brown sugar and fresh peaches, it's divine! It calls out to say it is fall!
I love seeing all the leaves change color. You just look out at the mountains and see splashes of greens, yellows, oranges, and bright to dark reds across the whole side of the mountain and it is just screaming for you to take one last ride or hike up there to enjoy the gifts that only nature offers. What beauty. I can't help but thank our Father in Heaven for his brilliance in all the creations and that is when my heart and mind starts to sing and echo the words of the beloved hymn "How Great Thou Art"! I am grateful to be here and enjoy the wonderments of this world. Speaking of wonderments, this is also the best time of year to get a good and restful night's sleep. I love sleeping with the windows opened as the coolness of the night air envelopes our home making the fresh & newly changed sheets on my bed nice & cool, just waiting for me to crawl in at the end of a long and tiring day...ahh such bliss! Go ahead and call me a nerd but when I pray, I do thank my Heavenly Father for my "cool sheets", my comfy down feather pillows and my bed. I see nothing wrong in thanking him for these things! I know without them, I would have a hard time sleeping. And we all know what a grump I can be when I don't get my sleep...my daddy doesn't call me "Sher Bear" for nothin'.

2 comments:

GREENS said...

I love to read your blog. You are quite a good writer!! Keep it coming!!

Lyns said...

Haha mom i just have to say it ok?..... ahem.... YOU NERD!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT?!You told me to! :) but that is ok cuz i like your nice cool sheets too :) Let's be nerds together!!!! :)