Sunday, September 21, 2008

Slipping Thru My Fingers....

Isn't it funny how time can go by so sssllowwwwlyyy one minute and the next it flies right past you and you don't see it coming. Sure I am noticing a few more gray hairs than I would like to see, however, tonight I am in disbelief of just how fast time has gone by. I can't even listen to my "Mamma Mia" CD without my eyes getting a little bit moist when I hear Meryl Streep singing the song, "Slipping Thru My Fingers".
Last night I watched my daughter run out the door with a total stranger eager to leave the home and attend the Homecoming dance. I'm sure her reasons of wanting to leave so quickly had more to do with if she stayed a minute more she might not be able to endure the questions that I was asking of her date. (I thought I did an awesome job of letting her date feel uncomfortable while I asked him questions that he had to be dreading) I am sitting here shaking my head in disbelief ...how in the world is my daughter old enough to go out on a date? Wasn't it just yesterday she started kindergarten? And if that isn't enough to think about add the worry of did I teach my daughter to allow her date to show her respect by being a gentleman and did I tell my daughter what to do if this or that happened or how to properly render her date immovable if the unthinkable occurred? Yikes! I can't help but think if I even so much as blink, that when I open my eyes, she is going to be all grown up, married and starting her own family.

Sorry this pic is blurry, it's my only one of them full length!

Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear.
Time is too long for those who grieve,
and too short for those who rejoice and are happy.
But for those who love, time is not.
~Author unknown~

1 comment:

GREENS said...

I can't believe it either!! It's too soon!! Weren't YOU the one going to the HS dances just last year?! This post screams for a picture....!